   Re: [xml-dev] xpath in IE

Tomas Olsson wrote:
> I wonder if its possible to load parts of a XML document in internet
> explorer with xpath. Or do I have to load the whole document before I use
> xpath.

You have to load the complete document, then apply IE's proprietary
selectNodes/selectSingleNode on the document to extract a subtree.

> If it isnt possible, how should I'll do if I only want to load parts of a
> XML document?

You can send XPath expressions to a server thingy (servlet/JSP, ASP,
PHP, insert your poison here) that will do the work server side and send
only the required parts to the browser.

> A example is if I have a register and only wants the persons with the last
> name Andersson.

Ah, Mr Andersson... we've been expecting you ;-)
--
Manos Batsis

http://www.netsmart.gr
mailto:mbatsisSPAM_TRAP@netsmart.gr