len

From: Rick Marshall [mailto:rjm@zenucom.com]

actually len i think the trick is to keep building simple things that
can interact. the total system can be amazingly complex, but each
component simple, verifiable, and understood.

unix was built on that premise, djikstra's predicate calculus almost
dictates it, it is the heart of my database/application work and
philosophy of how to build very large systems, but most importantly it
is essential to the existence and success of the web - and by extension
this group.

so, in this matter i disagree. lots of simple things are still simple
things, even if their interaction is so complex it can never be fully
understood.