From: Bryce K. Nielsen [mailto:bryce@sysonyx.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 9:08 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Converting xml to csv with xslt

> I'm still working on my xslt. Can someone give me an example or point
> me in the right direction to convert my XML to CSV

As many have already pointed out, converting XML to CSV is rather
trivial with XSLT. The only thing you really need to know is how exactly
your CSV file should look. In addition to XSLT, you may want to look at
xmlLinguist from SysOnyx, Inc. The website is http://www.xmllinguist.com
and it's a Text-to-XML Translator. It will translate an XML document
into a CSV easily enough, but it's bi-directional. It will translate a
CSV doc into XML, something not so trivial in XSLT.

It may not meet all of your requirements, I haven't heard enough to say
one way or another, but I offer it up as an alternative.

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the Text-to-XML Translator
http://www.xmllinguist.com