   Re: [xml-dev] XML-appropriate editing data structures

Perhaps your last sentence pretty well sums up the notion of an XML
editor as a beast unto itself. However, if I am the guy writing Word,
Illustrator, or just plain 'ol MarkWare, I still have to deal with
in this case there is  nothing requiring me to use a DOM like structure
I will face most of the same issues in designing the appropriate
structures for my application.