Lists Home |
Date Index |
What is 'optimized XML"?
From: Robin Berjon [mailto:email@example.com]
I would like to announce that the public list of the XML Binary
Characterization WG is now available.
The goal of this list is *not* to become a flame-fest on this
permathread -- xml-dev remains the dedicated place for that -- but
rather to allow the community to feedback on documents produced by the
WG, and to discuss items related to the optimised XML with the group.
A non-exhaustive list of topics could be:
- properties of XML that are candidates for optimisation;
- use cases for optimised XML (binary or not);
- how optimised XML could hurt XML's promise;
- experience feedback from using optimised XML;
- much more -- you get the idea :)