   RE: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list available

Three doesn't go with one and two.  That
is the old bugaboo about scaling that some are
beginning to realize is mythInformation in the
web lore.  The question is always 'interoperate
with which systems?'.

The web is not an information space, or at
least, not one information space.  That is
lore.  It is lots of little systems interoperating
with each other and some of them using HTTP
to do that to create small and large 'information
spaces' within the same addressing system.
Formats vary by system.  URIs are always URIs.

That brings us back to the real issue: do
we really need one-size-fits-all-binary?

I for one, doubt we do. Some of us do need
a binary.   Some sizes fit most and I think
that that is what some think they will get
from this WG.  We'll see.

len

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]

I think we may have this set of choices:

1. Minimum size
2. Maximum Speed
3. Interoperable

Pick any one. :-)