   Re: [xml-dev] XML-appropriate editing data structures

> Is that true or have I not yet found a good universal xml
> authoring tool?

I think that's the crux of the issue. There are soooo many areas that XML
has found a home that I don't think you'll find a one-size-fits-all editor.
Each will have it's advantages for particular uses.

I use XML for configuration files for applications, B2B messages (with and
without schemas), and occassionally websites. I also do a bit of schema and
stylesheet work. And quite frankly, no "visual" tools cut the cake. For B2B
my documents are too large for any visual tool. For configuration files, the
data is so small, whenever I want to edit the file it's a quick-in/quick-out
effect. I know exactly where I'm going in the document, what I want to edit,
etc. Again, most "visual" editors take too long to load, try to figure
things out, stuff I don't really care about. I just want to hop in and edit
the dang file.

Schemas and stylesheets *may* be an area where I could use a visual tool,
but quite frankly I find nothing on the market yet that works well. May be
one reason why my company is creating editors for those languages ;-)

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlArchitect, the Smart XML Schema Editor
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmlarchitect