Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: 'Michael Champion' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] ADMINISTRIVIA: Re: [xml-dev] Toward an controlled vocabulary for "XML" and related terms? - was Re: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list availabl e
- From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:01:26 -0500
- Cc: 'xml-dev' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
FutureBrowsers.com: When the speed of light just ain't fast enough.
I use XML documents/instances, XML application languages, and
XML systems as my upper level ontology for a controlled vocabulary.
In this, the binary/optimizedThingie is not XML, but it can be
used among consenting XML systems. I don't use XML to mean everything
that can work with an XML system.
In other words, it can't require XML to change to meet its requirements
because that perturbates a lot of systems that may not want it. It
can have its own requirements. Interop might be one of them.
From: Michael Champion [mailto:email@example.com]
Sorry for the duplicate content ... I sent this yesterday, never saw
it, and figured it was lost forever, and recyled some of it in my reply
to another message. 24 hours later it shows up ....