   RE: [xml-dev] ADMINISTRIVIA: Re: [xml-dev] Toward an controlled vocabula

  • To: 'Michael Champion' <mc@xegesis.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] ADMINISTRIVIA: Re: [xml-dev] Toward an controlled vocabulary for "XML" and related terms? - was Re: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list availabl e
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:01:26 -0500
  • Cc: 'xml-dev' <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

FutureBrowsers.com:  When the speed of light just ain't fast enough.

:-)

I use XML documents/instances, XML application languages, and
XML systems as my upper level ontology for a controlled vocabulary.
In this, the binary/optimizedThingie is not XML, but it can be
used among consenting XML systems.  I don't use XML to mean everything
that can work with an XML system.

In other words, it can't require XML to change to meet its requirements
because that perturbates a lot of systems that may not want it.  It
can have its own requirements.  Interop might be one of them.

len

From: Michael Champion [mailto:mc@xegesis.org]

Sorry for the duplicate content ... I sent this yesterday, never saw
it, and figured it was lost forever, and recyled some of it in my reply
to another message.  24 hours later it shows up ....