   RE: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list available

  • To: "Michael Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,"'xml-dev' DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML Binary Characterization WG public list available
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:17:42 -0700

I tend to agree with Tim, the XML infoset is too granular to represent the level of abstraction most real world applications deal with XML. Most real world applications use an abstraction of XML that is more akin to a subset of the XPath data model (elements, attributes, and text nodes).

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the Earth, minus 40% inheritance tax.