   Fast text output from SAX?

  • To: XML DEV <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Fast text output from SAX?
  • From: Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:41:04 -0700

Does anyone have a recommendation for a fast SAX2 handler (Java) that
generates text XML output? I need something that's reasonably complete,
including comments, CDATA sections, etc. Ideally it should also use the
reported namespace prefix mappings (rather than making up its own
prefixes) and should generate empty elements where appropriate.

This is for running performance tests related to the binary XML thread.
I've been using a modified version of David Megginson's XMLWriter for
prior tests, but I don't think that's very optimized and I want to give
text the best shot I can (without actually writing my own code for this...).

Thanks for any suggestions,

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski