   RE: [xml-dev] Fast text output from SAX?

You could put one together from the components that make up the Saxon
serializer. This would give you a fair bit of configurabilitity: you
construct a pipeline that may or may not include modules for doing
indentation, CDATA sections, elimination of redundant namespaces, geenration
of character references etc. The downside is that you'll have to invest some
effort into understanding how the machinery can best be assembled to meet
your needs. And I offer no performance guarantees: it tries to be as
efficient as it can, but the functionality is fairly rich.

Michael Kay