From: Rick Marshall [mailto:rjm@zenucom.com]
Sent: 14 April 2004 10:18
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] xml editors

since there's been a bit of discussion on editors lately, i'd like to ask my own question.

in one of our application areas the users use spreadsheets for managing catalogs.... not the best for lots of reasons. the constant embedding of images being just one of them.

what i'd like is an xml editor that uses a stylesheet(?) or xslt to provide wysiwyg editing so that the users can add another record and then click in the different boxes (it will still be laid out as tables) to enter text. they will also want to attach/embed images in some boxes.

then various development people will be accessing and editing the document. the ability to publish the documents on an intranet is one the primary motivations for using xml.

there is also the advantage of using different xslt to get other functions from the files.

ps for programming xml i still use vi. works fine for my purposes, although i have noticed some colleagues would benefit from dtd or schema sensitive editors.

regards

rick

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended
for the recipient only.
If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply
e-mail and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or
use it for any other purposes, or disclose the content of the e-mail
to any other person or store or copy the information in any medium.
The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Admenta UK Group.