   xml editors

since there's been a bit of discussion on editors lately, i'd like to
ask my own question.

in one of our application areas the users use spreadsheets for managing
catalogs.... not the best for lots of reasons. the constant embedding of
images being just one of them.

what i'd like is an xml editor that uses a stylesheet(?) or xslt to
provide wysiwyg editing so that the users can add another record and
then click in the different boxes (it will still be laid out as tables)
to enter text. they will also want to attach/embed images in some boxes.

then various development people will be accessing and editing the
document. the ability to publish the documents on an intranet is one the
primary motivations for using xml.

there is also the advantage of using different xslt to get other
functions from the files.

ps for programming xml i still use vi. works fine for my purposes,
although i have noticed some colleagues would benefit from dtd or schema
sensitive editors.

regards

rick