   Re: [xml-dev] xml editors

> what i'd like is an xml editor that uses a stylesheet(?) or xslt to
> provide wysiwyg editing so that the users can add another record and
> then click in the different boxes (it will still be laid out as tables)
> to enter text. they will also want to attach/embed images in some boxes.
>
> then various development people will be accessing and editing the
> document. the ability to publish the documents on an intranet is one the
> primary motivations for using xml.
>
> there is also the advantage of using different xslt to get other
> functions from the files.
>
> ps for programming xml i still use vi. works fine for my purposes,
> although i have noticed some colleagues would benefit from dtd or schema
> sensitive editors.

You are exactly describing what Xopus does. (http://xopus.com)
Although the other suggested editors will work, Xopus is the *only*
editor that lets you use your existing publishing xslts for wysiwyg
editing. Other editors use the limited possibilities of CSS or require
you to create a proprietary transformation for wysiwyg editing.

--
Sjoerd Visscher
http://w3future.com/weblog/