   RE: [xml-dev] xml editors

I'm coming in late on this discussion, so apologies if this is covering old
ground.

I have a need for a very simple and lightweight editor in the windows world
to do xhtml (and possibly other xml) authoring. My main need to be able to
type freeform text, select it with the mouse, and then be able to type a
pre-assigned keyboard combo (eg, ALT-someKey) to automatically enclose the
selected text with a start and end tag corresponding to that keyboard combo.
(Second choice would be a popup of all defined tag alternatives, the choice
*not* being based on current context.) Similarly if I selected a block of
tag-enclosed text (ie, element content), I'd like to be able to auto-enclose
that block with tags of my own choosing as well.

Anyone have any recommendations in that department?
TIA,
Howard