   RE: [xml-dev] xml editors

Howard,

Our XML Editor might satisfy your needs. It is a light weight and fast win32 application written in C. While it doesn't have key sensitive tag creation, it has what we call the Speedbar with built in skins, including XHTML. You can select text you are editing and drag and drop from the Speedbar to enclose that text with the selected tag. You can do the same with custom tags from an editable drop down list box. Check out the features list with particular attention to "Speedbar with drag/drop editing" and "Automatic Element, attribute, comment and PI insertion".

http://www.xmldistilled.com/tools/editor/index.htm

Oh, and it's free.

Joe Hughes