Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Robert Koberg" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Xopus Explained (was: Re: [xml-dev] xml editors)
- From: "Laurens van den Oever" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:27:43 +0200
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcQjrjc9N7oAIXnWSjWWKJCZUq21cw==
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Xopus Explained (was: Re: [xml-dev] xml editors)
Robert Koberg wrote:
> Very interesting! I just visited your site, watched the flash and
> the demos. Xopus has come along very nicely! very cool product
> - where do the transformations occur - client-side or server-side?
The XSL transformation and XInclude resolving occurs client-side. Xopus
is purely browser based.
> - can regions of the page be uneditable?
You can block typing in certain regions. Structure editing is only
controlled by the XML Schema. If you want to prohibit structure actions,
you will have to modify the schema.
> - how do you handle the XSL document function?
We currently don't. Our technology requires us to control the loading
process and document() bypasses everything. This is one of the issues
we're working on. We offer an alternative with XInclude.
Laurens van den Oever