   DOM problem

I am trying to validate an XML document with an XMLschema using the DOM parser in the JDK1.4.2.
For this purpose I am using the method setAttribute of the DocumentBuilderFactory class in the following way:

factory.setAttribute(
);

The problem is that it keeps throwing the IllegalArgumentException saying: "No attributes are implemented"

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Eldar