   Re: [xml-dev] Lx: compact syntax for XML

this may sound crazy, but every proposal i've seen so far to make xml
quicker/faster seems to rely on getting rid of the end tag.

either binary run length coded formats, or traditional binary number
encodings etc; or more standard termination chars }, ), NUL, etc. anyone
want to propose a syntax with ; as a terminator ? or did i miss that
one.

here's the valuable trick. the end tag must identifiably match the start
tag, and it must be validated that the end tags occur in the correct
order, and the content must be unambiguously NOT an end tag.

any takers?

rick