   Re: [xml-dev] Node

> Hi!
>
> I wonder if I can get the String value from a Node?
>
> Ex. if I have a Node like <node>hejsan!</node> I want a string with
"hejsan!".
> Is it possible? How should I do?

That depends on how you process the document. Assuming you're using
the DOM API in Java, you have already parsed the document and you have
a reference to the Node, you can do it like this:

String myText = node.getFirstChild().getNodeValue();

But to do it like this, you need to be absolutely certain that your
node isn't empty and that the text contents of the node are not
composed of multiple text nodes.

If you use C# you can use the (non standard) InnerText property like
this:

string myText = ((XmlElement)node).InnerText

Alexander