   Re: [xml-dev] Readable syntaxes (was: XUL Compact Syntax Study Now Onli

At 17:47 22/04/2004, Jim Rankin wrote:

>I think a good outline based XML editor can create a nice editing
>environment for people like me who want to delegate how the document
>should look to a program that's good at doing that.  I'm pretty sure I'm
>not the only one.
>
>Also, any tool will have limits.  There will be times when you want to do
>things with the data that the person who wrote the tool didn't envision,
>and then having a human readable text format like XML will be a big plus.

The example that tripped me up recently.
A 'tagless' form of XML, editing docbook.
I wanted to close off about 3 levels of tags, say para sect2 sect1
and create a new sect1.
Because the end tags weren't there to get my cursor in-between
I just couldn't do what I wanted. Nor could I find any way to
achieve that.

regards DaveP