   Re: [xml-dev] You call that a standard?

I don't agree at all. If a term has many meanings, that doesn't make
it's meaningless. To deny this, is just a way of avoiding a necessary
debate. A standard is a set of more or less strict rules that are known
by a common name by which different parties can refer to it. And I
think, you accept that every day for all practical purposes.