   RE: [xml-dev] You call that a standard?

  • To: "Alexander Jerusalem" <ajerulists@vknn.org>,"xml-dev" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] You call that a standard?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:04:50 -0700

Nope, what you've described is a specification. Anyone can slap a document with some rules in it one the Web. Does that make it a standard? I designed a query language for XML when I was in college and you can read the description at http://www.xmldb.org/sixdml/sixdml-lang.html/. By your definition, it is a standard. To me that is worse than meaningless. It is meaninglessness masquerading as being meaningful.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
There are always two solutions to the problem: yours and the boss's.