   Re: [xml-dev] ISO and the Standards Golden Hammer (was Re: [xml-dev] You

> > If someone said "a lot of international-scale standards work
> > still tends to be US-centric," I would probably agree.

Jim Melton has been involved in creating ISO standards for 20 years. He
discussed this last month during a panel discussion about software trends:

http://www.webservicessummit.com/Trends/Part2_SoftwareTrends_SD2004.htm
fast forward to 13:12