   Re: [xml-dev] ISO and the Standards Golden Hammer (was Re: [xml-dev] You

I wasn't expecting anyone to point to ISO-standard eclipse. :)

> Most people evaluate ISO in terms of how well it does the job of establishing
> standards, not how successful it's been as a technology incubator.

I agree, which is why I was raising the issue, and pointing out the list
of ISO "successes" isn't really an ISO success.

It seems that in Len's view, ISO is magic standard pixie dust sprinkled on
after a private consortium decides the basic technology.  They don't,
historically, invent, they just word-smith.  It might be important
word-smithing, but isn't that really all it is?

        /r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html