   RE: [xml-dev] ISO and the Standards Golden Hammer (was Re:[xml-d ev] You

after 25 years of programming by data dictionary i can assure you the
benefits in accuracy and productivity cannot be underestimated.
unfortunately programmers refuse by and large to give up procedural
control and the attitude you describe <emphasis>remains</emphasis> the
norm.

sad really as our estimates are that data programming is between 1 and 2
orders of magnitude more productive (in data based programming) than
procedural programming.

rick