   Re: [xml-dev] re:ADVERTISING! Re: [xml-dev] ANN: submissions for XML 200

On May 3, 2004, at 2:41 PM, EDI1 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I do not believe that it is "appropiate" to advertise on this list,
> specially totally unrealated items!

Uhh, the XML 2004 conference is not exactly unrelated to the interests
of people on xml-dev.    Likewise this kind of reminder is something
that many of us have come to *expect* from the organizers of XML
conferences, since one can assume that a high proportion of the
speakers at recent XML conferences are xml-dev subscribers.

I would agree that some blatantly commercial pitch to sign up to attend
a conference would be out of scope for xml-dev, but that's not what
this is.