   Re: [xml-dev] Models and containers

> A number of companies, including ICL itself (with me as chief designer),
> tried to implement this kind of concept later using object databases and
> failed. I can't help feeling that doing it now with XML would work rather
> well.

It's the right approach for cohesion. Besides XML, there are other factors that
suggest that approach is needed.

Regulatory compliance (BASEL II, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPA) will be an influence. If
you have to be able to defend how you arrived at some numbers seven years ago,
you're probably going to want a repository that supports versioning for XML
schemas, source libraries, executables, XML documents, specifications, e-mails,
diagrams, spreadsheets, and more.