   Re: [xml-dev] XML Router ?

In general, it is a message switch. If it's taken to mean a SOAP router
(which is my assumption from the original posting below), then it's
simply a router for SOAP-based messages - the difference between
pre-SOAP routers being, of course, that the SOAP router can interpret
the information in the SOAP header and perform functions such as
referrals.

More specifically, the SOAP router could inspect the SOAP header for its
intended destination and compare that destination with a "referral
table" at the router to refer (re-route) the SOAP message to another
destination for load-balancing, avoidance of down nodes, etc.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World