   RE: [xml-dev] XML Router ?

At 2004-05-06 13:13 -0500, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>Pardon my asking, but precisely what is an XML router?
>Reading the referenced page, this sounds a lot like
>a message switch.

Sure ... but in publish/subscribe situations or other kinds of syndication
and aggregation having message switching going on *in* the cloud at wire
speeds instead of outside the edge of the cloud can make for very efficient
benefits.  Think what companies in the cloud can take advantage of about
XML documents to offer specialized services to customers who are using XML
for any reason ... not just SOAP-based web services.

I'm anxious to see what comes of this research and deployment.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Each week:   Monday-Wednesday: XSLT/XPath; Thursday-Friday: XSL-FO

Hong Kong May 17-21;    Bremen May 24-28;    Birmingham June 14-18

Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/bc