   RE: [xml-dev] SAX Parser Raises Error Event Before startElement Event

> However, I discovered that a SAXParseException for a
> particular element is
> thrown before the startElement event!!!!!

If there is a problem anywhere in the start tag then I would certainly
expect that.

If the start tag is OK and the problem is later, then I wouldn't normally
expect this, except in certain cases like a UTF-8 encoding error, where the
decoding may well work asynchronously from the parsing. But I don't think
there's anything in the spec to prevent it.

Michael Kay