   RE: [xml-dev] Designing XML to Support Information Evolution

Hi Tom,

> Wait a bit, something does not add up here.  Given what I said just
> above, you should have _wanted_ to have two pickers on the same lot.

Exactly!  Since each Picker makes it decisions locally, they will be
surprised to discover after moving that they have ended up on the same lot.
They must then make a decision as to who gets to harvest the ripe grapes on
the lot.  They could share the ripe grapes, or the stronger picker could
rule and grab all the ripe grapes.  There are many interesting things that
could happen.  That's what makes Complex Systems so novel.

Here's what I don't want:

<lot num="12">
   <grapes>
      <quantity>10</quantity>
      <capacity>12</capacity>
   </grapes>
   <picker id="1">
       <grape-wealth>34</grape-wealth>
       <metabolism>3</metabolism>
   </picker>
</lot>

<lot num="12">
   <grapes>
      <quantity>10</quantity>
      <capacity>12</capacity>
   </grapes>
   <picker id="2">
       <grape-wealth>19</grape-wealth>
       <metabolism>5</metabolism>
   </picker>
</lot>

That is, I don't want (but was getting) two versions of the same lot #12.
One version had Picker #1 on it, the other version had Picker #2 on it.

> You are really thinking about a society of agents here, are you not?

Indeed!

/Roger