   Re: [xml-dev] Early Draft Review: XQuery for Java (JSR 225)

Jonathan,

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> The Early Draft Review has been released for XQuery for Java (XQJ),
> which is being developed under Java Community Process as JSR 225.

I just cannot believe that one can seriously want to repeat the IMHO
biggest design error of JDBC, namely to pass *strings* to the library.

This effectively kills all possibilities of static (compile-time)
verification of queries, like syntax checking (let alone types).

flabbergasted...

Burak