   Re: [OT] Difference between an extensible versus an evolvable informati

Roger L. Costello wrote:
> If adding new keywords and adding new categories are merely examples of
> extension, then can you give an example of evolution?   /Roger

The first thing which strikes me in this case, is that extension (to me)
means increasing the data available for execution of functions, or
adding "trivial" functions, while evolution is something more
fundamental, changing the overall behavior or appearance of the system
in question. Thinking thus, adding a site to Google would be considered
an extension, while changing the searching algorithm would be evolution.

You could also consider extensions to be everything which adds something
new to a system, while evolution _changes_ the system.

Just my two (cheap) cents.

--
Victor