len

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]

At 4:12 PM -0500 6/2/04, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

>The part of Elliote's article I ignored was the 'MS killer'
>bit.  It seems to me that is the wrong reason to do this
>sort of thing.  Each to their own on that, but XForms
>success won't come about because some few want to knock
>off Microsoft.  Too many others need them and the "we
>must do this to save the web" rant just doesn't fire
>many users up.  Never will.  That part of web history
>is over.

You're misquoting me. At no point did I suggest XForms could be an MS
killer. What I suggested was that it was an IE killer, a very
different thing. One product does not a company make. XForms success
won't come about because anyone wants to knock Microsoft off.
However, it might have the effect of displacing IE from its
stranglehold on business desktops, even if those desktops are still
running Windows and Word.