   Re: [xml-dev] The triples datamodel -- was Re: [xml-dev] Semantic Web pe

At 14:07 08/06/2004, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

>However, the really key idea is to use the schema, in whatever language,
>as a classification tool, not a guardian. The schema's job is to sort
>documents into the right queue, not to accept some documents
>unconditionally and reject all others.

Bean counters hat on.
  What's the cost of the recipient system compared to that of the 'dumb'
system being disparaged?

The former classifies, processes, hands off to humans.
The latter just processes with error handling.

10:1? 100:1
   I'm not questioning utility, just cost.

I have this nagging feeling that bean counters run business.
I see this debate supporting the XML consultant trade :-)
    Or was that the intent?

regards DaveP