Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"Michael Champion" <email@example.com>,"XML Developers List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic web mega-permathread thing)
- From: "Joshua Allen" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:59:15 -0700
- Thread-index: AcROHAxzp9rgJSgXT4mVO46zLaNNrwAHkyGA
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic web mega-permathread thing)
> I wonder how winFS will extract the meta-data from the data (i.e. the
> files) and what kind of algorithm it will use. Will it be an automated
Most of your files already have metadata. Right-click on any movie,
picture, word processing, or other similar file. Select "properties".
You will be able to access a boatload of metadata like "author", "time
recorded", "last update".