   RE: [xml-dev] Interesting nodes are anonymous,was: Re: [xml-dev] Meta-so

Hi Jonathan.

> A correction on the statement that  "all nodes must have a name".
>
> In RDF nodes that don't have a name are called "b-nodes" (blank nodes),
> or also called "anonymous nodes".
>
> An example, suppose a Social Security Identifier in URI form, e.,g.
>
> uid:ssn:1112223344
>
> Now suppose the unnamed person who is identified by the SSN. This
> person has not yet been named but has characteristics, and as such is
> represented by a blank (unnamed) node. In RDF, the triple:
>
> uid:ssn:1112223344 ex:SSNof _:1
>
> _:1 ex:hasIncomeOf 1000000
> _:1 ex:ownsHouse _:2
> _:2 ex:hasAddressOf "1234 West Ridge Road"
>
> etc.

How would you define that in concrete XML serialization?

<rdf:description about="????"> or another notation.

If I try to merge properties to resource I usually use the resource URI,
without any URI how can I refer to the blank resource. Or maybe there is an
official URI for than blank object but could find it anywhere. Where is this
defined? I wasn't able to figure out how to write such instance.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin