   RE: [xml-dev] Interesting nodes are anonymous,was: Re: [xml-dev] Meta-so

Hi Jonathan,

> <Person xmlns="http://example.org/ex";>
> 	<SSN rdf:resource="uuid:ssn:1112223344"/>
> 	<hasIncomeOf>1000000</hasIncomeOf>
> 	<ownsHouse>
> 		<House>
> 			<hasAddress>1234 West Ridge Road</hasAddress>
> 		</House>
> 	</ownsHouse>
> </Person>
>
> will give you the following triples (when parsed as RDF):
>
> _:1 rdf:type ex:Person
> _:1 ex:SSN uid:ssn:1112223344
>
> _:1 ex:hasIncomeOf 1000000
> _:1 ex:ownsHouse _:2
> _:2 rdf:type ex:House
> _:2 ex:hasAddressOf "1234 West Ridge Road"

Don't get me wrong Jonathan, I am just having a hard time with RDF syntax
here. So let's say I do another version like this. Would it be still an RDF
statement that can be parsed by an RDF engine?

<object xmlns="http://example.org/ex"; xlink:type="extended">
	<SSN rdf:resource="uuid:ssn:1112223344"/>
> 	<hasIncomeOf>1000000</hasIncomeOf>
> 	<ownsHouse>
> 		<House>
> 			<hasAddress>1234 West Ridge Road</hasAddress>
> 		</House>
> 	</ownsHouse>
	<bank-transaction xlink:type="locator"
xlink;href="urn:csb:1263-27389" />
	<bank-transaction xlink:type="locator"
xlink;href="urn:csb:1263-38562" />
</object>

How would an RDF engine recognize that we are dealing with an RDF statement?
Do we need to enclose this in an <rdf> element or is there any other rules
an engine may use to recognize an RDF fragment.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin