   Re: [xml-dev] Interesting nodes are anonymous, was: Re: [xml-dev] Meta-s

On Jun 12, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Didier PH Martin wrote:

> Don't get me wrong Jonathan, I am just having a hard time with RDF
> syntax
> here. So let's say I do another version like this. Would it be still
> an RDF
> statement that can be parsed by an RDF engine?
>
> <object xmlns="http://example.org/ex"; xlink:type="extended">
> 	<SSN rdf:resource="uuid:ssn:1112223344"/>
>> 	<hasIncomeOf>1000000</hasIncomeOf>
>> 	<ownsHouse>
>> 		<House>
>> 			<hasAddress>1234 West Ridge Road</hasAddress>
>> 		</House>
>> 	</ownsHouse>
> 	<bank-transaction xlink:type="locator"
> xlink;href="urn:csb:1263-27389" />
> 	<bank-transaction xlink:type="locator"
> xlink;href="urn:csb:1263-38562" />
> </object>

you could do it this way:

<object xmlns="http://example.org/ex"; xlink:type="extended">
	<bank-transaction rdf:resource="urn:csb:1263-27389" />

</object>

These are the rules for RDF "stripped syntax" (can be googled for more
info). Basically it goes:

<Object>
	<property>
		<Object>
			<property />
			<property />
			<property>
				<Object />
			</property>
		</Object>
	</property>
</Object>

you can't just stick attributes on a property element. Attributes on an
Object element are interpreted as literal properties.

> How would an RDF engine recognize that we are dealing with an RDF
> statement?
> Do we need to enclose this in an <rdf> element or is there any other
> rules
> an engine may use to recognize an RDF fragment.

That's a software issue. I'm assuming there is something that tells the
parser what to parse.

Jonathan