   Re: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother (was the semantic web mega-permathre

Jonathan Borden wrote,
> The U.S. and U.K. healthcare markets are rather large. Aggregate of
> trillions of dollars.
>
> I'd say that this stuff is being used. Dismiss this at your own
> discretion. Perhaps it doesn't affect your corner of the world.

I'm in the UK, so I guess if the NHS project hits it's due date of 2018
or thereabouts, I'll have to eat my words. Remind me then ...

And for all that, bear in mind that I'm not disputing that GOFAI
technologies can do useful work in highly controlled closed
environments. Despite the size and complexity of the NHS I think it
still falls within that category. It's certainly a far cry from the
open environments that SW technologies are alleged to address.

Cheers,

Miles