   Re: [xml-dev] Interesting nodes are anonymous, was: Re: [xml-dev] Meta-s

If I wasn;t clear enough about this example: An ontology aware system
doesn't care at all about these two forms, they are identical as far as
it is concerned -- even if we don't explicitly label the <object> as a
<Person> the system knows that we are dealing with a <Person> because
only people have <SSNs>

This is where ontologies allow you to be *more flexible* in how data is
exchanged -- as long as the system has the knowledge to figure it out
it will..

> Didier I want to discuss the differences between my example and yours
> a bit more:
>
> I started with:
>
> <Person xmlns="http://example.org/ex";>
> 	<SSN rdf:resource="uuid:ssn:1112223344"/>
> 	<hasIncomeOf>1000000</hasIncomeOf>
> 	<ownsHouse>
> 		<House>
> 			<hasAddress>1234 West Ridge Road</hasAddress>
> 		</House>
> 	</ownsHouse>
> </Person>
>
> and Didier then asked about (simplified):
>

> <object xmlns="http://example.org/ex";>
> 	<SSN rdf:resource="uuid:ssn:1112223344"/>
> 	<hasIncomeOf>1000000</hasIncomeOf>
> 	<ownsHouse>
> 		<House>
> 			<hasAddress>1234 West Ridge Road</hasAddress>
> 		</House>
> 	</ownsHouse>
> </object>

Jonathan