   RE: [xml-dev] Triplets on the Internet

A while ago I played with P2P for topic map sharing and took some
relatively naive approaches which I haven't tested for scalability [1].
My approach was based simply on provenence. In RDF/Topic Maps your
provenence information just becomes more data which makes it easy to
process with the same tools that you are using for processing the
application data - which is nice :-)

Another interesting aspect of inferencing over distributed data is that
different nodes on the network might have different pieces of
information that you need in combination in order to make an inference
which tends to have a centralizing influence as you need to pull that
data together somewhere in order to make the inference. What that does
to a provenence-based trust model is a good question to which I don't
currently have an answer...

Cheers,

Kal

[1] http://www.techquila.com/topicmapster.html