   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: XBIS 0.9.5 and articles (binary XML permathread)

Not sure what you mean, Scott. The changes to the actual XBIS encoding
format were necessary (in one form or another) because it previously
didn't handle the full messiness of namespaces properly. I realized that
when I tried using an XSLT null transform to generate text output from
XBIS. The change in emphasis to a focus on maintaining the canonical
form of documents is just because the Infoset has more stuff thrown into
it than I'm comfortable with handling, in particular everything that
depends on validation.

BTW, my comments on the XSLT handling were only in reference to the
Apache Xalan JAXP implementation shipped with JDK 1.4.1/1.4.2. I assume
other JAXP implementations handle things correctly and don't rely on
optional features.

  - Dennis