   Re: [xml-dev] specs in RDF/OWL, was: Re: [xml-dev] Meta-somethingorother

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:37:26PM -0400, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> >I don't know if those documents capture everything they could or not,
> >but at least some relationships between the specs are declared.
> >
> For various reasons it is not possible to "capture everything" in OWL

Hence "capture everything *they could*".  I'm fully aware of the
expressiveness limitations, meaning that I know they exist.  I just
couldn't tell you what they are. 8-)

> using *only* RDF/Schema. The way that OWL is actually defined as an
> extension language of RDF is via the respective model theories. The "OWL
> for OWL" (as it has been called) does, however, give a flavor of what
> OWL is and how OWL relates to RDF.

Yup, thanks for confirming.

Mark.

  Seeking work on large scale application/data integration projects
  and/or the enabling infrastructure for same.