   Re: [xml-dev] How It All Goes Wrong (WAS RE: [xml-dev] Triplets on the I

Robert Koberg scripsit:

> <usa-specific>
> To determine if someting is running against the 1st Amendment, just ask
> yourself:
>
> - did Congress make the law?

Almost.  The following sentence of the 14th Amendment:

	No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the
	privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor
	shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property,
	without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its
	jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

is interpreted to mean that no State may pass a law contravening any
of the constitutional-right amendments either.

--
Income tax, if I may be pardoned for saying so,         John Cowan
is a tax on income.  --Lord Macnaghten (1901)           cowan@ccil.org