   Re: [xml-dev] xs:group/xs:choice[@minOccurs | @maxOccurs]

Bryce K. Nielsen wrote:

>This email will have better response on the xmlschema-dev mailing list
>(xmlschema-dev@w3.org) but I'll give it a go:
>
>xs:group's limit the min/max occurs of not just choice nodes, but all
>compositors (i.e. choice, sequence and all nodes).

You mean all child nodes of xs:group not all nodes in a xs:group, right?

The reason I was curious is because I have to do the following:

<xs:group>
  <xs:choice>
    <xs:element ref="elem1" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem2" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem3" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem4" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem5" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
  </
</

When it would be much simpler to write:

<xs:group>
    <xs:element ref="elem1"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem2"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem3"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem4"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem5"/>
  </
</
(BTW,  msxml accepts this)

I suppose there might be problems (?) if you do something like:

<xs:group>
    <!--*****-->
    <xs:group ref="group1"/>
    <xs:element ref="elem1"/>