From: Bryce K. Nielsen [mailto:bryce@sysonyx.com]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 11:51 AM
To: XML Developers List
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] xs:group/xs:choice[@minOccurs | @maxOccurs]

This email will have better response on the xmlschema-dev mailing list
(xmlschema-dev@w3.org) but I'll give it a go:

xs:group's limit the min/max occurs of not just choice nodes, but all
compositors (i.e. choice, sequence and all nodes). The occurence options are
controlled by the entire group, not the individual nodes within the group.
Why this is, I'm not entirely certain, anyone else want to field the
reasoning behind this?

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the Text-to-XML Translator
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmllinguist