   Re: [xml-dev] xs:group/xs:choice[@minOccurs | @maxOccurs]

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 09:25, Bob Foster wrote:
> I'm a bit puzzled by this. I can see why he can't have a
> minOccurs/maxOccurs on the group item as specified but why not on the
> choice nested in the group. This looks legal to me and I am curious what
> processors do not accept it.

For any of the 6 basic components (group, attributeGroup, element,
attribute, simpleType, complexType), you need to differentiate global
definitions from local references (although they share the same element
name) and for element, attribute, simpleType, complexType you have a
third instanciation that's local definitions.

W3C XML Schema has adopted a rule of the thumb to split the attributes
in these instanciations of the same element types and this rule is that
global definitions never carry any information about the number of
occurrences and that this is a property of local definitions or