   Re: [xml-dev] Browser innovation efforts -- where's W3C in this picture?

--- David Megginson <dmeggin@attglobal.net> wrote:
> I also chuckled at this question and answer:
>
>    What is needed from schema languages?
>
>        Nothing.
>
> Thanks to Bill for the link.

I have been lobbying WHATWG to adopt XML Schema Part
2: Datatypes as basis of their datatype, without any
success so far.

For one thing I think XML schema datatype is a better
design than WHATWG datatype. WHATWG datatype does not
has list or union, has maxInclusive but not
maxExclusive.

Also if they XML schema datatype, then it would be
much easier to use XML data in Web Forms 2.

Unfortunately they have not been listening so far.

=====
Ed Lai
data_mechanic@yahoo.com